Dashdash1 (dash),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to strike or smash violently, esp. so as to break to pieces: He dashed the plate into smithereens against the wall.
- to throw or thrust violently or suddenly: to dash one stone against another.
- to splash, often violently;
bespatter (with water, mud, etc.): He recovered consciousness when they dashed water in his face.
- to apply roughly, as by splashing: to dash paint here and there on the wall.
- to mix or adulterate by adding another substance: to dash wine with water.
- to ruin or frustrate (hopes, plans, etc.): The rain dashed our hopes for a picnic.
- to depress;
dispirit: The failure dashed his spirits.
- to confound or abash: His rejection dashed and humiliated him.
- to strike with violence: The waves dashed against the cliff.
- to move with violence;
rush: The horses dashed out of the burning stable.
- dash off:
- to hurry away;
leave: I must dash off now.
- Also, dash down. to write, make, accomplish, etc., hastily: We dashed off a letter to announce the news. He dashed down a memo.
- a small quantity of anything thrown into or mixed with something else: a dash of salt.
- a hasty or sudden movement;
a rush or sudden onset: They all made a dash for the door.
- the mark or sign (—) used to note an abrupt break or pause in a sentence or hesitation in an utterance, to begin and end a parenthetic word, phrase, or clause, to indicate the omission of letters or words, to divide a line, to substitute for certain uses of the colon, and to separate any of various elements of a sentence or series of sentences, as a question from its answer.
- the throwing or splashing of liquid against something: the dash of the waves against the dock.
- the sound of such splashing: The dash of the waves on the beach could be heard from afar.
- spirited action;
vigor in action or style: The dancer performed with spirit and dash.
- [Track.]a short race: a 100-yard dash.
- dashboard (def. 1).
- a signal of longer duration than a dot, used in groups of dots, dashes, and spaces to represent letters, as in Morse code.
- a hasty stroke, esp. of a pen.
- [Archaic.]a violent and rapid blow or stroke.
- cut a dash, to make a striking impression;
be ostentatious or showy.
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
AlbertAl•bert (al′bərt),USA pronunciation n.
- Carl (Bert), born 1908, U.S. politician: Speaker of the House 1971–77.
- Prince (Albert Francis Charles Augustus Emanuel, Prince of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha), 1819–61, consort of Queen Victoria.
- Lake. Also called Al′bert Nyan′za. a lake in central Africa, between Uganda and the Democratic Republic of the Congo: a source of the Nile. 100 mi. (160 km) long;
2061 sq. mi. (5338 sq. km);
2030 ft. (619 m) above sea level.
- a male given name: from Old High German words meaning "noble'' and "bright.''
Outdoorout•door (out′dôr′, -dōr′),USA pronunciation adj.
- Also, outdoors. characteristic of, located, occurring, or belonging outdoors: an outdoor barbecue; outdoor sports.
Rugsrug (rug),USA pronunciation n.
- a thick fabric for covering part of a floor, often woven of wool and often having an oblong shape with a border design. Cf. carpet.
- the treated skin of an animal, used as a floor covering: a bear rug.
- [Chiefly Brit.]a piece of thick, warm cloth, used as a coverlet, lap robe, etc.
- cut a rug, [Older Slang.]to dance, esp. to jitterbug.
Salesale (sāl),USA pronunciation n.
- the act of selling.
- a quantity sold.
- opportunity to sell;
demand: slow sale.
- a special disposal of goods, as at reduced prices.
- transfer of property for money or credit.
- an auction.
- for sale, offered to be sold;
made available to purchasers.
- on sale, able to be bought at reduced prices.
Hello peoples, this picture is about Dash And Albert Outdoor Rugs Sale (wonderful Dash And Albert Rugs On Sale #2). This post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 618 x 618. This image's file size is just 96 KB. Wether You ought to save It to Your PC, you may Click here. You may also see more pictures by clicking the photo below or see more at this post: Dash And Albert Rugs On Sale.
This stand includes natural or metallic color including dreary, white or black. Chairs are utilized not too high and too straightforward together with the number of 3 chairs. This desk is useful for eating and chatting as the dimension is not too large. Resources used ie material or glass.
Tabletops also greater so that it can be utilized to put fruits items for example spoons, discs, etc. Seats was once slim having a spherical or square thighs are lean and modest to be able to prevent the impression of tightness while in the kitchen.
The Dash And Albert Outdoor Rugs Sale (wonderful Dash And Albert Rugs On Sale #2) suitable for natural kind of home place. This natural desk features a square-shape that's larger than wood or MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) to be able to create a more natural perception. This stand combines natural hues like brown.