19th Century Victorian English Partner Desk Column Shaped Legs Writing Table 2 (superior English Partners Desk Amazing Pictures #7) Pictures Collection
Centurycen•tu•ry (sen′chə rē),USA pronunciation n., pl. -ries.
- a period of 100 years.
- one of the successive periods of 100 years reckoned forward or backward from a recognized chronological epoch, esp. from the assumed date of the birth of Jesus.
- any group or collection of 100: a century of limericks.
- (in the ancient Roman army) a company, consisting of approximately 100 men.
- one of the voting divisions of the ancient Roman people, each division having one vote.
- (cap.) a style of type.
- a hundred-dollar bill;
- a race of 100 yards or meters, as in track or swimming, or of 100 miles, as in bicycle racing.
- [Cricket.]a score of at least 100 runs made by one batsman in a single inning.
EnglishEng•lish (ing′glish or, often, -lish),USA pronunciation adj.
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of England or its inhabitants, institutions, etc.
- belonging or pertaining to, or spoken or written in, the English language.
- the people of England collectively, esp. as distinguished from the Scots, Welsh, and Irish.
- the Germanic language of the British Isles, widespread and standard also in the U.S. and most of the British Commonwealth, historically termed Old English (c450–c1150), Middle English (c1150–c1475), and Modern English (after c1475). Abbr.: E
- English language, composition, and literature as offered as a course of study in school.
- a specific variety of this language, as that of a particular time, place, or person: American English; Shakespearean English.
- simple, straightforward language: What does all that jargon mean in English?
- (sometimes l.c.)
- a spinning motion imparted to a ball, esp. in billiards.
- See body English.
- a 14-point type of a size between pica and Columbian.
- a grade of calendered paper having a smooth matte finish.
- to translate into English: to English Euripides.
- to adopt (a foreign word) into English;
- (sometimes l.c.) to impart English to (a ball).
Deskdesk (desk),USA pronunciation n.
- an article of furniture having a broad, usually level, writing surface, as well as drawers or compartments for papers, writing materials, etc.
- a frame for supporting a book from which the service is read in a church.
- a pulpit.
- the section of a large organization, as a governmental bureau or newspaper, having authority over and responsibility for particular operations within the organization: city desk; foreign desk.
- a table or counter, as in a library or office, at which a specific job is performed or a service offered: an information desk; reception desk.
- a stand used to support sheet music;
- (in an orchestra) a seat or position assigned by rank (usually used in combination): a first-desk flutist.
- of or pertaining to a writing desk: a desk drawer.
- of a size or form suitable for use on a desk: desk dictionary.
- done at or based on a desk, as in an office or schoolroom: He used to be a traveling salesman, but now he has a desk job.
Columncol•umn (kol′əm),USA pronunciation n.
- a rigid, relatively slender, upright support, composed of relatively few pieces.
- a decorative pillar, most often composed of stone and typically having a cylindrical or polygonal shaft with a capital and usually a base.
- any columnlike object, mass, or formation: a column of smoke.
- a vertical row or list: Add this column of figures.
- a vertical arrangement on a page of horizontal lines of type, usually typographically justified: There are three columns on this page.
- a regular feature or series of articles in a newspaper, magazine, or the like, usually having a readily identifiable heading and the byline of the writer or editor, that reports or comments upon a particular field of interest, as politics, theater, or etiquette, or which may contain letters from readers, answers to readers' queries, etc.
- a long, narrow formation of troops in which there are more members in line in the direction of movement than at right angles to the direction (distinguished from line).
- a formation of ships in single file.
- a columnlike structure in an orchid flower, composed of the united stamens and style.
Shapedshaped (shāpt),USA pronunciation adj.
- of a definite form, shape, or character (often used in combination):aU-shaped driveway.
- designed to fit a particular form, body, or contour: a shaped garment.
- having other than a plane surface.
Legsleg (leg),USA pronunciation n., v., legged, leg•ging.
- either of the two lower limbs of a biped, as a human being, or any of the paired limbs of an animal, arthropod, etc., that support and move the body.
- the lower limb of a human being from the knee to the ankle.
- something resembling or suggesting a leg in use, position, or appearance.
- the part of a garment that covers the leg: the leg of a stocking; trouser leg.
- one of usually several, relatively tall, slender supports for a piece of furniture.
- one of the sides of a forked object, as of a compass or pair of dividers.
- one of the sides of a triangle other than the base or hypotenuse.
- a timber, bar, or the like, serving to prop or shore up a structure.
- one of the flanges of an angle iron.
- one of the distinct sections of any course: the last leg of a trip.
- one of the series of straight runs that make up the zigzag course of a sailing ship.
- one straight or nearly straight part of a multiple-sided course in a sailing race.
- one of a designated number of contests that must be successfully completed in order to determine the winner.
- one of the stretches or sections of a relay race.
- legs, (in wine tasting) the rivulets of wine that slowly descend along the inside of a glass after the wine has been swirled, sometimes regarded as an indication that the wine is full-bodied.
- the part of the field to the left of and behind the batsman as he faces the bowler or to the right of and behind him if he is left-handed.
- the fielder playing this part of the field.
- the position of this fielder.
- a component or branch of a circuit, network, antenna, etc.
- a connecting link between stations in a network, as the microwave relays used in transmitting a show from one geographical area to another.
- bride2 (def. 1).
- leg up:
- a means of help or encouragement;
boost: Studying the material with a tutor will give you a leg up on passing the exam.
- not have a leg to stand on, to lack a valid or logical basis for one's argument or attitude: Without evidence, the prosecutor doesn't have a leg to stand on.
- on one's or its last legs, just short of exhaustion, breakdown, failure, etc.: The aristocracy was on its last legs.
- pull someone's leg:
- to make fun of someone;
- to deceive someone;
- shake a leg, [Informal.]
- to hurry up.
- [Older Use.]to dance.
- stretch one's legs, to take a walk;
get some needed exercise after prolonged sitting: He got up during the intermission to stretch his legs.
- to move or propel (a boat) with the legs: They legged the boat through the tunnel.
- leg it, [Informal.]to walk rapidly or run: We'd better leg it or we'll be late for class.
- leg up, to help (someone) to mount a horse.
Writingwrit•ing (rī′ting),USA pronunciation n.
- the act of a person or thing that writes.
- written form: to commit one's thoughts to writing.
- that which is written;
characters or matter written with a pen or the like: His writing is illegible.
- such characters or matter with respect to style, kind, quality, etc.
- an inscription.
- a letter.
- any written or printed paper, as a document or deed.
- literary or musical style, form, quality, technique, etc.: Her writing is stilted.
- a literary composition or production.
- the profession of a writer: He turned to writing at an early age.
- the Writings, Hagiographa.
- writing on the wall. See handwriting (def. 4).
Tableta•ble (tā′bəl),USA pronunciation n., v., -bled, -bling, adj.
- an article of furniture consisting of a flat, slablike top supported on one or more legs or other supports: a kitchen table; an operating table; a pool table.
- such a piece of furniture specifically used for serving food to those seated at it.
- the food placed on a table to be eaten: She sets a good table.
- a group of persons at a table, as for a meal, game, or business transaction.
- a gaming table.
- a flat or plane surface;
a level area.
- a tableland or plateau.
- a concise list or guide: a table of contents.
- an arrangement of words, numbers, or signs, or combinations of them, as in parallel columns, to exhibit a set of facts or relations in a definite, compact, and comprehensive form;
a synopsis or scheme.
- (cap.) the constellation Mensa.
- a flat and relatively thin piece of wood, stone, metal, or other hard substance, esp. one artificially shaped for a particular purpose.
- a course or band, esp. of masonry, having a distinctive form or position.
- a distinctively treated surface on a wall.
- a smooth, flat board or slab on which inscriptions may be put.
- the tablets on which certain collections of laws were anciently inscribed: the tables of the Decalogue.
- the laws themselves.
- the inner or outer hard layer or any of the flat bones of the skull.
- a sounding board.
- the upper horizontal surface of a faceted gem.
- a gem with such a surface.
- on the table, [Parl. Proc.]
- [Brit.]submitted for consideration.
- turn the tables, to cause a reversal of an existing situation, esp. with regard to gaining the upper hand over a competitor, rival, antagonist, etc.: Fortune turned the tables and we won. We turned the tables on them and undersold them by 50 percent.
- under the table:
- as a bribe;
secretly: She gave money under the table to get the apartment.
- wait (on) table, to work as a waiter or waitress: He worked his way through college by waiting table.Also, wait tables.
- to place (a card, money, etc.) on a table.
- to enter in or form into a table or list.
- [Parl. Proc.]
- [Chiefly U.S.]to lay aside (a proposal, resolution, etc.) for future discussion, usually with a view to postponing or shelving the matter indefinitely.
- to present (a proposal, resolution, etc.) for discussion.
- of, pertaining to, or for use on a table: a table lamp.
- suitable for serving at a table or for eating or drinking: table grapes.
Howdy folks, this photo is about 19th Century Victorian English Partner Desk Column Shaped Legs Writing Table 2 (superior English Partners Desk Amazing Pictures #7). This post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 699 x 466. This post's file size is only 28 KB. Wether You decided to save This image to Your computer, you might Click here. You might also see more photos by clicking the image below or see more at this post: English Partners Desk.
The 19th Century Victorian English Partner Desk Column Shaped Legs Writing Table 2 (superior English Partners Desk Amazing Pictures #7) is the main furniture in a room, which served ascertain the highlight room. The wall behind the sleep, where the pinnacle is often place by us, is actually an apart considerable potential to become developed into a stylish aspect. One way is by adding a to process them around the bed's head or perhaps the bias is called the headboard.
19th Century Victorian English Partner Desk Column Shaped Legs Writing Table 2 (superior English Partners Desk Amazing Pictures #7) is one of many cosmetic components to your room. the bedrooms in many cases are atmosphere, although their headboard in your mattress could make circumstances much more comfortable -headboard is very expensive. As there are lots of methods to produce an own price is not expensive and you can doityourself, that you do not need to worry.
Make a headboard itself results are not great with headboard offered in stores. By rendering it oneself, you can express imagination and become ready to regulate the headboard together with the sense of your bedroom. Here are some suggestions.
Attract Walls As Headboard: For those who possess a place place that is modest, the idea is quite suitable for you. You will get a new experience towards the space but didn't take place by drawing-room wall. Wallpaper With Frame: Maybe design picture too packed if applied to the whole wall of the room, you need to use it as being a wallpaper headboard. You provides the wooden-frame being a screen towards the foot of the wall colour and simply stay picture on some walls.
Glass showcases can be applied as a headboard, by hanging a glass-on one wall. This concept also can make your room feel more ample. Pallets: should you use a mode cheap chic in the area, timber pallets can be used by you like a headboard. And it can be painted by you or include another accent prior to creativity. Painting With Large Size: this notion is simple. You put it on top of your mattress and need only 1 painting. And headboard will be the focal-point inside your space.
You can add the mind of the sleep and extra operation. The headboard also has different advantages as well as functioning as a sweetener for the design of the room. As an example, cabinets can be added by you of this type. The sheet can then be utilized to place the noisy alarms or reading. For place corner, it has to be occur this type of method so as to not interfere during the time with your activities wished to sleep when you wakeup.
Don't get to the cabinets that had been used-to boost and expand the sleep, possibly on if you get up each morning, make your mind knock. The aforementioned are some suggestions to make you search more desirable 19th Century Victorian English Partner Desk Column Shaped Legs Writing Table 2 (superior English Partners Desk Amazing Pictures #7). You are able to fit it with the bedroom's ailment.