Fixfix (fiks),USA pronunciation v., fixed or fixt, fix•ing, n.
- to repair;
- to put in order or in good condition;
adjust or arrrange: She fixed her hair in a bun.
- to make fast, firm, or stable.
- to place definitely and more or less permanently: to fix a circus poster to a wall.
- to settle definitely;
determine: to fix a price.
- to direct (the eyes, the attention, etc.) steadily: His eyes were fixed on the distant ship.
- to attract and hold (the eye, the attention, etc.).
- to make set or rigid.
- to put into permanent form.
- to put or place (responsibility, blame, etc.) on a person.
- to assign or refer to a definite place, time, etc.
- to provide or supply with (something needed or wanted): How are you fixed for money?
- to arrange or influence the outcome or action of, esp. privately or dishonestly: to fix a jury; to fix a game.
- to get (a meal);
prepare (food): What time shall I fix supper?
- to put in a condition or position to make no further trouble.
- to get even with;
get revenge upon: I'll fix him!
- to castrate or spay (an animal, esp. a pet).
- to make stable in consistency or condition;
reduce from fluidity or volatility to a more stable state.
- to convert atmospheric nitrogen into a useful compound, as a nitrate fertilizer.
- to render (an image) permanent by removing light-sensitive silver halides.
- [Microscopy.]to kill, make rigid, and preserve for microscopic study.
- to become fixed.
- to become set;
assume a rigid or solid form.
- to become stable or permanent.
- to settle down.
- to inject oneself with a narcotic.
- [Chiefly Southern U.S.]to prepare;
plan (usually fol. by an infinitive): I was just fixing to call you. We're fixing to go to Colorado this summer.
- fix on or upon, to decide on;
determine: We won't be able to fix on a location for the banquet until we know the number of guests.
- fix one's wagon, to exact retribution for an offense;
treat someone vengefully: I'll dock his pay and that will fix his wagon.
- fix up:
- to arrange for: to fix up a date.
- to provide with;
- to repair;
- to smooth over;
solve: They weren't able to fix up their differences.
- a position from which it is difficult to escape;
- a repair, adjustment, or solution, usually of an immediate nature: Can you think of a fix for the problem?
- a charted position of a vessel or aircraft, determined by two or more bearings taken on landmarks, heavenly bod-ies, etc.
- the determining of the position of a ship, plane, etc., by mathematical, electronic, or other means: The navigator took a fix on the sun and steered the ship due north.
- a clear determination: Can you get a fix on what he really means?
- an injection of heroin or other narcotic.
- the narcotic or amount of narcotic injected.
- a compulsively sought dose or infusion of something: to need one's daily fix of soap operas on TV.
- an underhand or illegal arrangement, esp. one secured through bribery or influence.
- a contest, situation, etc., whose outcome is prearranged dishonestly.
- in a fix, [Older Slang.]pregnant.
Withwith (with, wiᵺ),USA pronunciation prep.
- accompanied by;
accompanying: I will go with you. He fought with his brother against the enemy.
- in some particular relation to (esp. implying interaction, company, association, conjunction, or connection): I dealt with the problem. She agreed with me.
- characterized by or having: a person with initiative.
- (of means or instrument) by the use of;
using: to line a coat with silk; to cut with a knife.
- (of manner) using or showing: to work with diligence.
- in correspondence, comparison, or proportion to: Their power increased with their number. How does their plan compare with ours?
- in regard to: to be pleased with a gift.
- (of cause) owing to: to die with pneumonia; to pale with fear.
- in the region, sphere, or view of: It is day with us while it is night with the Chinese.
- (of separation) from: to part with a thing.
- against, as in opposition or competition: He fought with his brother over the inheritance.
- in the keeping or service of: to leave something with a friend.
- in affecting the judgment, estimation, or consideration of: Her argument carried a lot of weight with the trustees.
- at the same time as or immediately after;
upon: And with that last remark, she turned and left.
- of the same opinion or conviction as: Are you with me or against me?
- in proximity to or in the same household as: He lives with his parents.
- (used as a function word to specify an additional circumstance or condition): We climbed the hill, with Jeff following behind.
- in with. See in (def. 22).
- with child, pregnant.
- with it:
- knowledgeable about, sympathetic to, or partaking of the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- representing or characterized by the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- with that. See that (def. 10).
Screwsscrew (skro̅o̅),USA pronunciation n.
- a metal fastener having a tapered shank with a helical thread, and topped with a slotted head, driven into wood or the like by rotating, esp. by means of a screwdriver.
- a threaded cylindrical pin or rod with a head at one end, engaging a threaded hole and used either as a fastener or as a simple machine for applying power, as in a clamp, jack, etc. Cf. bolt 1 (def. 3).
- [Brit.]a tapped or threaded hole.
- something having a spiral form.
- See screw propeller.
- Usually, screws. physical or mental coercion: The terrified debtor soon felt the gangster's screws.
- a single turn of a screw.
- a twist, turn, or twisting movement.
- [Chiefly Brit.]
- a little salt, sugar, tobacco, etc., carried in a twist of paper.
- [Slang.]a mean, old, or worn-out horse;
a horse from which one can obtain no further service.
- [Slang.]a friend or employer from whom one can obtain no more money.
- [Slang.]a miser.
- [Brit. Informal.]salary;
- [Slang.]a prison guard.
- an act of coitus.
- a person viewed as a sexual partner.
- have a screw loose, [Slang.]to be eccentric or neurotic;
have crazy ideas: You must have a screw loose to keep so many cats.
- put the screws on, to compel by exerting pressure on;
use coercion on;
force: They kept putting the screws on him for more money.
- to fasten, tighten, force, press, stretch tight, etc., by or as if by means of a screw or device operated by a screw or helical threads.
- to operate or adjust by a screw, as a press.
- to attach with a screw or screws: to screw a bracket to a wall.
- to insert, fasten, undo, or work (a screw, bolt, nut, bottle top with a helical thread, etc.) by turning.
- to contort as by twisting;
distort: Father screwed his face into a grimace of disgust.
- to cause to become sufficiently strong or intense (usually fol. by up): I screwed up my courage to ask for a raise.
- to coerce or threaten.
- to extract or extort.
- to force (a seller) to lower a price (often fol. by down).
- [Slang.]to cheat or take advantage of (someone).
- [Slang](vulgar). to have coitus with.
- to turn as or like a screw.
- to be adapted for being connected, taken apart, opened, or closed by means of a screw or screws or parts with helical threads (usually fol. by on, together, or off ): This top screws on easily.
- to turn or move with a twisting or rotating motion.
- to practice extortion.
- [Slang](vulgar). to have coitus.
- screw around, [Slang.]
- to waste time in foolish or frivolous activity: If you'd stop screwing around we could get this job done.
- [Vulgar.]to engage in promiscuous sex.
- screw off, [Slang.]
- to do nothing;
- to leave;
- screw up, [Slang.]
- to ruin through bungling or stupidity: Somehow the engineers screwed up the entire construction project.
- to make a botch of something;
- to make confused, anxious, or neurotic.
Abovea•bove (ə buv′),USA pronunciation adv.
- in, at, or to a higher place.
- overhead, upstairs, or in the sky: My brother lives in the apartment above. A flock of birds circled above.
- higher in rank, authority, or power: She was told to speak to the person above.
- higher in quantity or number: books with 100 pages and above.
- before or earlier, esp. in a book or other piece of writing;
foregoing: the remark quoted above.Cf. below (def. 6).
- in or to heaven: gone to her eternal rest above.
- on the upper or dorsal side.
- [Theat.]upstage. Cf. below (def. 9).
- higher than zero on the temperature scale: The temperature dropped to ten above this morning.
- in or to a higher place than;
over: to fly above the clouds; the floor above ours.
- more in quantity or number than;
in excess of: all girls above 12 years of age; The weight is above a ton.
- superior in rank, authority, or standing to: A captain is above a lieutenant.
- not subject or liable to;
not capable of (some undesirable action, thought, etc.): above suspicion; to be above bad behavior.
- of too fine a character for: He is above such trickery.
- rather than;
in preference to: to favor one child above the other.
- beyond, esp. north of: six miles above Baltimore.
- [Theat.]upstage of.
- above all, most important of all;
principally: charity above all.
- said, mentioned, or written above;
foregoing: the above explanation.
- something that was said, mentioned, or written above: to refer to the above.
- the person or persons previously indicated: The above will all stand trial.
- heaven: truly a gift from above.
- a higher authority: an order from above.
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Howdy folks, this image is about Fix Screw Pop With Two Screws Above And Below (marvelous Drywall Ceiling Screws #5). This blog post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 480 x 640. It's file size is only 15 KB. If You decided to download This photo to Your PC, you can Click here. You may also see more images by clicking the following picture or see more at this post: Drywall Ceiling Screws.
Lumber surfaces you can find many colors available available in the market then I am certain a product is to fit makers to actually the wildest suggestions. Though pushing on the limits of traditional-style and being innovative is obviously delightful within the interior-design business continues to be extremely important to follow along with particular policies and instructions to avoid some of the Fix Screw Pop With Two Screws Above And Below (marvelous Drywall Ceiling Screws #5) trend that is errors awkward.
The room measurement, texture and shade of the shade of the furniture, large roofs and the walls ought to be your first consideration when choosing shades for the ground. For the ultimate design to reach your goals ought to be complementary hues. The ground that is newest should complement the present timber surfaces to keep up circulation and the reliability of the house.
Avoid using black ground in a small space with black walls - it'll create the area more heavy and depressing (see how floors made-of dark timber). Black shades bring the heat of decor's other aspects out. In suites with minimal ceilings choose light colored surfaces and surfaces.
Under you will locate some suggestions that are highly effective although simple when selecting the Drywall Ceiling Screws to your interior, to take into account.